As a podcaster or aspiring podcaster, you require high-quality headphones to listen to the audio and check on the loudness, static, and any other issues that may arise.
Go for nothing short of the best headphones for podcasting.
For podcasting fans, how would you feel when someone tells you to stop playing your favorite podcasting when in a car or your room?
Imagine you have heard that your favorite musician has an interview on a YouTube Channel but you cannot grasp the interview content due to voice distorts from your headphone. This may be a bad day for you.
You require quality headphones to listen to a podcast or to produce your broadcast.
There are many types of headphones in the market today and since quality is paramount when purchasing any product, after lengthy research we have singled out the best headphones that will not disappoint you.
Best Headphones for Podcasting Editors’ Choice
From our extensive research, personal experiences, and several discussions with our friends who use headphones in their daily lives, we found that there are 7 best headphones for podcasting that we would recommend to anyone stuck in deciding on which headphones to purchase in the market. These include:
- Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear headphones
- AKG K 240 MK II Stereo Studio headphones
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm Over-Ear Studio headphones
- Bose Noise Cancelling Wireless Bluetooth Headphones 70
- Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone
- Skullcandy Grind Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Headphones
- GRADO SR325e Stereo Headphones
Factors to Consider Before Buying Headphones for Podcasting
After taking research for several months, we found that there are nine key factors that any person who wishes to buy headphones for podcasting should consider.
It is very disgusting to have heavy headphones, overheating, and even making your ears sore due to poor design. It is imperative before buying headphones to try and check whether you will be comfortable with them.
This is because most people do not have identical ears as what suits another person may not suit you. For instance, if you decide to go for in-ears headphones check those that have a smaller earbud and do not fall easily.
Different headphones have offer different sound quality. You can check this factor by considering frequency response. The higher the frequency, the better sound quality it will give you.
A headphone with a frequency of 23,000 Hz is clearer than one with 18,000Hz. More specifically, a headphone with a 23,000 Hz frequency is recommendable.
Before you buy a headphone, you need to decide whether you want wired or wireless headphone. Any of the choices has its advantages as wireless has Bluetooth connectivity while wired headphones are preferable when sound and recording quality is required.
Since there are different headphones in the market, they also occur at different prices.
Although the price factor should be the last thing to consider, it is recommendable to seek headphones that will offer you better services within your budget.
Impedance refers to the power needed by a microphone to function.
Depending on the devices that you would like to use with your headphones, it may help to determine the power needed hence help in deciding which headphones to buy.
Mobile devices have lower impedance although they are capable of providing energy for quality sound output. However, in case you want 100% quality sound will need a more dedicated source of power.
Although, a headphone with an impedance of at least 16 Ohms is recommendable.
When headphones can sit between outside sounds and your ears preventing noise from outside from getting into your ears is known as noise isolation.
This will assist in getting clear what the podcaster is saying. If you don’t want to be hindered by outside noise in getting the content you are listening to clearly, consider the noise isolation factor.
#7.Size and Sturdiness
Depending on where you are using them, you can consider size as a factor. Most people prefer headphones that are small in size and which they can easily and quickly fond and put in the pocket.
This is a specification that a podcaster should look when in a need of a headphone that will offer louder music experience. Sensitivity provides information on how loud the headphone can be. The majority of headphones come with sensitivity close to 110 dB/mW and anything below 85dB/mW needs to be ignored.
Drivers are things located inside the headphone and are used to produce sound. They include the diaphragm, voice coil, and magnet. Although this is not a general rule, it is believed that the larger these items are, the better the sound.
Types of headphone for podcasting
Before going to the electronic shop, to purchase headphones for podcasting, it is wise to know that they occur in three major types. These include Over-Ears, In-Ears, and On-Ears where each type has its advantages and disadvantages.
These headphones fall on the ears of the user.
- Best for long hours use
- Higher sound quality
- Relatively bigger and heavy
- Not good for traffic users
These are headphones that require to be put inside the user’s ears. They are also known as In-Ear-Monitor.
- Very handy
- High sound quality
- Better for commuter users
- Not good for use for a long duration as it hurt the ears.
These are headphones that rest on the ears of the user.
- Good in traffic
- Not good for long duration usage
- Poor noise isolation
Best Headphones for Podcasting Reviews
- Battery life can last to 40 hours in acting listening
- Android and IOS devices compatibility
- Fast Fuel Technology
- Class 1 Bluetooth and Apple W1 chip connectivity
- Foldable and durable
- Adjustable ear cups
- Wireless share audio
This kind of headphone is wireless and compatible with Android and IOS devices. It comes in black color and has a 40 hours battery life.
A charge for 5 minutes can give a playback of 3 hours. It is On-Ear headphone that is adjustable to fit on your ears.
It is foldable and durable hence you can use it wherever you move. Beats Solo3 has on-ear controls that allow the user to activate voice, adjust volume, play music, and take calls according to their preference.
Also, it has a sleek, streamlined design that is foldable and durable to enhance portability.
- Recharge fast where 5 minutes recharge call take you 3 hours playbacks
- Long battery life for more than 40 hours non-stop
- Sleek design for enhancing portability
- Streaming and Bluetooth excellent performance
- It is easy to control
- W1 chip to make it more compatible with various devices
- Flat midrange
- Dominant bass
- 55 Ohms impedance
- 104 dB sensitivity headphones
- Semi-open headphone type technology
- Replaceable earpads
- Self- adjusting headband
- Over-ear design
- Patented Varimotion speakers
This is an over-ear headphone that has high sensitivity and sound levels. It is best for engineers, producers, musicians for the impressive accuracy that enables them to hearken mixing output especially when recording.
They are more comfortable and durable and produce high-quality sound. They are designed for long usage especially in the studio and have adjustable headbands to fit the user’s ear.
AKG K 240 MK II high-quality components, superb craftsmanship, semi-open design, and over-ear attributes provide high-resolution signals reproduction and consistent transmission from any given digital audio source.
- Semi-closed design that offers airy highs and solid bass
- Extremely comfortable due to well-cushioned ear cups
- Better for editing for their impressive accuracy and capability of hearing mixing details
- More detailed, crisp audio sound
- Apple W1 chip that makes the headphone compatible with IOS devices
- Can be used either as wired or wireless headphone hence more flexible
- They are more reliable and easier to use
- Noise isolation is poor since it lacks noise cancellation features
- The flat response may not fit some people
3. Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO – 80 Ohm Over-Ear Studio headphones
- Closed over-ear studio headphone
- Bass reflex system innovation
- Single-sided cable 9.8’ straight
- Soft velour head pad
- Replaceable parts
- Strongly made with a spring steel headband
- High-resolution sound
This is one of the top headphones that are used by broadcasters, music producers, and sound technicians globally.
It extremely fit in professional usage in the studio where it is used for monitoring purposes and also in other sound productions. They have better bass reference capability and crispy audio sound.
They are well known for their better noise isolation and high frequencies. Best for transparent sound and detailed resolution.
Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 has a strong spring steel headband to fit the user comfortably. Besides, it has earcups that are soft and adjustable to enable the long-period wearer to use them comfortably.
DT 770 PRO has a single-sided cable that enables the user to wear or remove them without disturbance of the cables. Also, it provides a hi-fi alternative to podcasters and also to people with little experience in production.
- Beautiful design
- Impressive sound volume
- Great quality
- Good comfort
- Awesome performance history in the studio
- Does not have better portability
- It is not foldable
- Wireless, noise-canceling headphones
- Crisp, detailed audio sound
- The battery life of 20 hours active usage
- 11 setting for noise cancellation
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Adjustable sidetone features
- Streamlined steel headband
These are over-ear headphones that have noise-canceling technology and eight microphone system features to help in canceling noise.
It has adjustable stainless-steel headband earcups and has a QC 35s II design. They have relatively lower weight and soft earcups covering the ears fully hence reducing noise coming from outside as well as making the wearer comfortable.
Bose Noise Cancelling headphones have a battery life of 20 hours that are good for relatively longer flights or walk.
Recharge for 15 minutes can enable you to work continuously for two hours with Bose Noise-canceling headphones.
- Very comfortable
- Best in noise cancellation
- Suitable for voice calls
- Capable of connecting two devices at the same time
- Relatively expensive
- Pressing buttons accidentally is common
- 10Hz to 20KHz frequency response
- 40mm drivers for high-quality sound
- Foldable to enhance mobility
- Neodymium magnets for high power-handling
- Closed -ear design to reduce noise from outside and enhance comfortability
- Long coiled cord 9.8 feet
- Signal connection and transmission stability
These are over-ear headphones that are lightweight and high quality designed to be used in longer periods either in studio or broadcast settings.
Besides, it can be used in electronic news gathering, video, film production, radio, and studio recordings, or in any area where high-quality sounds are needed.
It has a neodymium magnet and PET diaphragm which produces an excellent performance that surpasses the need for digital audio sources.
- Amazing sound
- Light and durable
- Proven better performance
- 9.8 feet cable is too long for some areas.
- Supreme sound enhanced by 40mm drivers
- Wireless Bluetooth that covers 10 meters.
- Battery life for 12 hours non-stop use
- plush on-ear pillows and solid metal headband for comfort
- closed-back design
- 20Hz to 20,000Hz frequency response
This is an on-ear headphone that occurs in six different colors. It is wireless and has built-in microphone controls appended at the right earcup to enable the user to be in control. It has a battery life of 12 hours and Bluetooth connectivity.
Grind wireless has 40mm drivers which help to produce excellent sound for all kinds of music for impressive performance. This headphone comes in six different colors giving buyers more options on preferred colors.
- better sound and a quality microphone
- extremely comfortable ear pads
- relatively cheap
- relatively lightweight
- attractive aesthetics
- does not have a carrying case
- too few accessories
- short battery life
- Open back design appended with removable ear cushions
- Headphone cable with 8-conductor
- 12 ft extended cable
- 18Hz to 24,000Hz frequency response
- 32 ohms impedance
- An adjustable leather headband
- Mini plug termination
- Beautiful design
- Clear detailed sound
- Good for long hours
- Durable audio cable
- Perfect and adjustable clamp force
- Relatively portable
- The thicker cable that is non-renewable
- Does not have a built-in microphone
- No noise cancellation
From the above review, we have provided 7 headphones and information that we feel are crucial for anyone who is searching for the best headphones for podcasting in the market. We admit that our ranking may not match with others.
Therefore, if you have a different opinion and you feel that should include in this review, kindly leave your comment here below.
Did you like our informative reviews and guide above?
Then you will definitely love our other lists of the best product reviews right now on the market!